* Notice

Important notice: Currently emails from this forum are being automatically blocked by many email providers, claiming Planetvampire.com has a "low reputation". As such you may struggle to register and/or submit password reset requests. If you require help, please email admin@planetvampire.com for assistance. In the meantime we are continuing to work on this issue.

Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: Any news / hope for 2021 (release)?  (Read 5730 times)

Offline mdqp

• Ancillus
Re: Any news / hope for 2021 (release)?
« Reply #15 on: January 24, 2021, 12:24:15 pm »
I don't know if that's what they are going for, but the Werewolf game seems like it could be a decent adventure in the same vein as the recent Deus Ex games, if they have some good level design and extra abilities for the human/wolf forms. I wouldn't know about the RPG part, though, since they seem more focused on the action.
This game is going to come out before Bloodlines 2, which stings a little, but what can you do?

Offline Wilhelm-Streicher

• Antediluvian
« Reply #16 on: January 25, 2021, 07:29:03 pm »
but the Werewolf game seems like it could be a decent adventure in the same vein as the recent Deus Ex games
I don´t think that you can compare this with Deus Ex or any game with huge RPG elements. Maybe you can upgrade your fixed hero but this an action game first.
By the way, here is the new trailer:

I am well aware that this isn´t fullprice at just 50 bucks but i am sorry this doesn´t look that is even worth that much. Maybe for 10 or 20 bucks in a sale.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2021, 09:10:33 pm by Wesp5 »

Offline mdqp

• Ancillus
« Reply #17 on: January 25, 2021, 08:04:29 pm »
I don´t that you can compare this with Deus Ex or any game with huge RPG elements. Maybe you can upgrade your fixed hero but this an action game first.
By the way new trailer

I am well aware that this isn´t fullprice just 50 bucks but i am sorry this doesn´t look that is even worth that much.Maybe for 10 or 20 bucks in a sale.

I am not sure the recent Deus Ex games have huge RPG elements, although they do have some, and I like them quite a bit. As for why this reminds me of that type of game, is because they seem to want to give players multiple approaches for the maps (going all out, or trying to use stealth). Furthermore it has hacking to disable things like turrets and cameras, seems to have a few paths available in one of the map shown, and so on. It doesn't mean it's going to be as good as a Deus Ex game, of course, but it gives me the same vibes.

Discount Deus Ex isn't a bad thing to strive for, the main question remains if there are skills and whatnot you can take to really craft a unique character for your playstyle, or if it's a more linear affair.

Offline Highwayman667

• Antediluvian
« Reply #18 on: January 26, 2021, 01:03:26 am »
You gotta see this game as VTM: Redemption. It's based on an RPG... but that's as far as it goes.

It might turn out to be surprising, who knows ? But I don't think I'll be putting it on my guaranteed buys list.

Offline mdqp

• Ancillus
« Reply #19 on: January 26, 2021, 07:56:23 am »
You gotta see this game as VTM: Redemption. It's based on an RPG... but that's as far as it goes.

It might turn out to be surprising, who knows ? But I don't think I'll be putting it on my guaranteed buys list.
For sure. I can wait for reviews, videos with more complete gameplay and story, even a price drop, assuming what I see interest me, but I see no need to commit to buying it right away. Once upon a time I was thinking about buying Bloodlines 2 at launch or near launch, but that seems like such a long time ago now.

Offline Happydeathclaw

• Methuselah
« Reply #20 on: January 26, 2021, 03:15:15 pm »
Once upon a time I was thinking about buying Bloodlines 2 at launch or near launch, but that seems like such a long time ago now.

Long before when it was murdered unborn.

Offline mdqp

• Ancillus
« Reply #21 on: January 26, 2021, 03:27:43 pm »
At least a game about vampires is a good candidate to raise from its own grave.  :rofl:

Offline Happydeathclaw

• Methuselah
« Reply #22 on: January 26, 2021, 03:31:52 pm »
At least a game about vampires is a good candidate to raise from its own grave.  :rofl:

Born dead?

Offline mdqp

• Ancillus
« Reply #23 on: January 26, 2021, 04:32:13 pm »
Born dead?
We'll see what springs out of the coffin this year, hopefully, and then we'll have a diagnosis. Right now it's Schrödinger's vampire.  :cometome:

Offline Happydeathclaw

• Methuselah
« Reply #24 on: January 27, 2021, 05:31:58 pm »
I have a sneaking suspition that would be better pound more nails into the lid of that coffin. More coffins. All the coffins. With HSL/Paradox staff.

Offline Wilhelm-Streicher

• Antediluvian
« Reply #25 on: February 04, 2021, 11:10:53 am »
For sure. I can wait for reviews, videos with more complete gameplay and story, even a price drop, assuming what I see interest me, but I see no need to commit to buying it right away. Once upon a time I was thinking about buying Bloodlines 2 at launch or near launch, but that seems like such a long time ago now.
Well the reviews are out. And they aren´t terrible good nor bad. Earthblood is a nice mediocre game with (more early) PS3 graphics.https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2021-02-04-werewolf-the-apocalypse-earthblood-review
My advice if you are interessted just wait for a sale. Maybe 10-20 Bucks it could be worth the time and money.

Offline mdqp

• Ancillus
« Reply #26 on: February 04, 2021, 11:17:04 am »
Well the reviews are out. And they aren´t terrible good nor bad. Earthblood is a nice mediocre game with (more early) PS3 graphics.https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2021-02-04-werewolf-the-apocalypse-earthblood-review
My advice if you are interessted just wait for a sale. Maybe 10-20 Bucks it could be worth the time and money.
I'll probably wait further for the users' reviews as well before making up my mind, but thanks for the heads up! Waiting for a sale seems like a good idea, though.

Offline Highwayman667

• Antediluvian
« Reply #27 on: February 04, 2021, 03:40:29 pm »
Amazing how the combat is apparently the best part :rofl:

Online AnnekeFloorever

• Fledgling
« Reply #28 on: February 04, 2021, 06:30:22 pm »

Offline Highwayman667

• Antediluvian
« Reply #29 on: February 05, 2021, 02:06:10 pm »
Apparently Werewolf: Earthblood is garbage:https://www.ign.com/articles/werewolf-the-apocalypse-earthblood-review

Then again, IGN was garbage long before this game was in development :rofl:

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2023, SimplePortal