Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: A third DLC Clan  (Read 225 times)

Online Wilhelm-Streicher

• Methuselah
A third DLC Clan
« on: May 22, 2020, 09:10:02 PM »
I really hope / wish that we will get after Nosferatu and Gangrel another clan as a DLC. I don´t care what Clan or Bloodline but at least something which wasn´t playable in Bloodlines 1. I not gonna lie but my most disappointing thing about Bloodlines 2 isn´t the missing 3rd camera or Deb isn´t the game but after all these years i don´t have anything new to play as. And this for a sequel is really disappointing.

You can argue that Thinblood are a new clan but i disagree because we don´t stay as thinblood that long. Just a few hours. So please give me Lasombra, Hecata, Ravnos, or i don´t know something.

« Last Edit: May 22, 2020, 09:51:13 PM by Wesp5 »

Offline fylimar

• Antediluvian
Re: A third DLC Clan
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2020, 10:55:56 PM »
Tzimisce would be my pick.
“They can keep their heaven. When I die, I’d sooner go to Middle Earth.” ― George R.R. Martin

"We are all stories in the end. Just make it a good one."
― Doctor Who

Online Wilhelm-Streicher

• Methuselah
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2020, 10:58:13 PM »
Well good luck with that.  :vampwink:

Online Highwayman667

• Antediluvian
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2020, 11:26:11 PM »

Took it right out of my mouth :rofl:

How do we do antitribu clans though ? We don't know the story for BL2 but we know clans like Lasombra and Tzimisce are inherently sabbat, so how do we explain a Tzimisce thinblood in Seattle. I'm not opposed, I'd deffinitely love to play that clan but it might be a bit of a challenge to get as DLC.

Offline fylimar

• Antediluvian
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2020, 08:24:46 AM »
Many Lasombra joined the Camarilla in V 5.

Besides, it looks, like your character was made during a mass embrace, which is a Sabbat thing, so there could be all sorts of clans participating. Or you just diablerize a Tzimisce later on.
But since you don't have to join the Camarilla, I don't see a problem with you being a Sabbat clan. The Newcomer might have a problem with you though.
“They can keep their heaven. When I die, I’d sooner go to Middle Earth.” ― George R.R. Martin

― Doctor Who

Online Highwayman667

• Antediluvian
« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2020, 02:56:28 PM »

Besides, it looks, like your character was made during a mass embrace, which is a Sabbat thing, so there could be all sorts of clans participating. Or you just diablerize a Tzimisce later on.
But since you don't have to join the Camarilla, I don't see a problem with you being a Sabbat clan. The Newcomer might have a problem with you though.

Simple solution then. At least from a first glance it doesn't seem too complicated to implement. I do wonder how Vicissitude could be implemented though...

Why would the Newcomers have issues with a Tzimisce though ? Tremere relations you mean ? I guess it would depend on how each faction would work and if they are governed strictly by specific clans. I'm guessing The Pioneers are the Toreador clan as well but it might turn out that their members are much more diverse than we think, for example.

Online Wilhelm-Streicher

• Methuselah
« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2020, 05:35:05 PM »
I do wonder how Vicissitude could be implemented though...
Me too and that´s why i don´t believe that we will ever play as Tzimisce. They are too different and evil monster.
If we get a third clan after Nosferatu and Gangrel my guess would be Lasombra or Hecata or a clan / bloodline which has Fortitude.

Offline fylimar

• Antediluvian
« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2020, 05:41:27 PM »

Simple solution then. At least from a first glance it doesn't seem too complicated to implement. I do wonder how Vicissitude could be implemented though...

Why would the Newcomers have issues with a Tzimisce though ? Tremere relations you mean ? I guess it would depend on how each faction would work and if they are governed strictly by specific clans. I'm guessing The Pioneers are the Toreador clan as well but it might turn out that their members are much more diverse than we think, for example.
Yes, Tremere and Tzimisce don't like each other. Even if your newborn character isn't aware of that hatred, the Tremere might at least be cautious.

I don't see a big problem in adding Vicissitude as a disciplin. The modder, who made the Antitribu mod, did a good job with that discipline, even with the warform.
But I don't think, that we will get a third clan, this is purely speculation and wishful thinking on our part.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2020, 05:51:10 PM by Wesp5 »

― Doctor Who

Online Wilhelm-Streicher

• Methuselah
« Reply #8 on: May 23, 2020, 05:48:31 PM »
But I don't think, that we will get a third clan, this is purely speculation and wishful thinking on our part.
Don´t you think that just two clan dlc would be disappointing? I mean its kinda boring that we just get Nosferatu and Gangrel as DLCs and nothing new.

Offline fylimar

• Antediluvian
« Reply #9 on: May 23, 2020, 06:35:01 PM »
Don´t you think that just two clan dlc would be disappointing? I mean its kinda boring that we just get Nosferatu and Gangrel as DLCs and nothing new.

I don't know. There was never any statement, that more clans were planned. I'm happy to be proven wrong, but I somehow doubt it.

― Doctor Who

Online Highwayman667

• Antediluvian
« Reply #10 on: May 23, 2020, 08:03:43 PM »

I'm assuming everything depends on the success of the game with new audiences. Everyone who loved the first one is buying, so maybe if it spreads enough to a new player base then they might consider more DLC.

Online Wilhelm-Streicher

• Methuselah
« Reply #11 on: May 23, 2020, 09:46:58 PM »
I don't know. There was never any statement, that more clans were planned. I'm happy to be proven wrong, but I somehow doubt it.
I don´t remember that they have said anything else that they will release free clan dlcs in the future.This could mean just two but it doesn´t rule out three or more but i believe that 3 free clan dlcs are the maximum that we will get.

Online Highwayman667

• Antediluvian
« Reply #12 on: May 24, 2020, 02:00:47 AM »
I don´t remember that they have said anything else that they will release free clan dlcs in the future.This could mean just two but it doesn´t rule out three or more but i believe that 3 free clan dlcs are the maximum that we will get.

It would be quite the miracle if we got Nosferatu at all  :holy:

Online Wilhelm-Streicher

• Methuselah
« Reply #13 on: May 24, 2020, 04:27:20 PM »
It would be quite the miracle if we got Nosferatu at all  :holy:
Miracle?!? Are you serious? We have a Nosferatu faction with the Unseen in Bloodlines and then Malkavians have lost Obfuscate as discipline because Obfuscate is of course the signature clan discipline of the Nosferatu. Also besides the Malkavians of course Nosferatu is the most unique clan in Bloodlines 1. People have love the Nosferatu experience.

So yeah i would be totally shocked if one of the Clan DLCs isn´t about the Nosferatu.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2020, 05:20:19 PM by Wesp5 »

Online Highwayman667

• Antediluvian
« Reply #14 on: May 24, 2020, 04:56:09 PM »
Miracle?!? Are you serious? We have a Nosferatu faction with the Unseen in Bloodlines and then Malkavians have lost Obfuscate as discipline because Obfuscate is of course the signature clan discipline of the Nosferatu. Also besides the Malkavians of course Nosferatu is the most unique clan in Bloodlines 1. People have love the Nosferatu experience.

So yeah i would be totally shocked if one of the Clan DLCs isn´t about the Nosferatu.

It's not like I think that only the Holy Spirit can do it Wilhelm :rofl:

But I feel like you have to write an entire game for a Nosferatu playthrough alone. I am not opposed in any way to anything like that... but I do wonder if they would have enough time and resources to do it, and whether people would even like it in the first place.

See, it's easy to sell the Gangrel, they do the same cool stuff as all vampires... AND they turn into werewolves... or something like it.

But how do you sell the Nosferatu as anything other than a challenge ? You can't persuade, you can't seduce, you can't be seen without breaking the masquerade, you can't be anything other than damned monstrous freak. Do I like that ? Hell yeah. Would I pay for a Nosferatu DLC ? Hell yeah. Would anyone else ? I don't know. Would people just pay for a challenge ? I don't think so.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2020, 05:20:42 PM by Wesp5 »

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2020, SimplePortal