Welcome, Guest.
collapse

Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: Kindred: The Darkest Nights  (Read 4584 times)

Offline Malkyjeff

• Methuselah
Kindred: The Darkest Nights
« on: January 11, 2011, 10:54:05 pm »
Recently lost a few major battles, the crippled Camerilla struggle to hold onto the domain of Detroit to the ever lasting growing Lasombra army. What will the Camerilla plan in their state of emergency during their Darkest Nights, and how can they secure the safety of the Masquerade with all the jihad?

First teaser:
Kindred Darkest Nights

Second teaser:
New- Kindred Darkest Nights Teaser Trailer # 2

A large group of friends and myself are in pre-production of a youtube mini series based off Vampire The Masquerade. We hope to start production in late May at the earliest and don't finish & post near the end of the year. I post this thread for your guy's support in our idea of entertainment with VTM. We look forward into making this dream become a reality.

Offline Malavis

• Antediluvian
  • Legacy Of The Triangle
Re: Kindred: The Darkest Nights
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2011, 11:21:41 pm »
Where are you guys located? I have some film contacts in BC and California, as well as a couple in NY.
Also, what's your production sound setup look like?

Offline Malkyjeff

• Methuselah
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2011, 11:29:23 pm »
We're all located near Detroit Michigan. I myself haven't gotten to see how the photography and production equipment. Right now they're dabbling with what they can do with their new toys.

I hope sometime in late feb to mid march we could post a live action trailer to give you guys a glimps of how it'll look.

For now we're making the plotlines of each episode.

Offline Malavis

• Antediluvian
  • Legacy Of The Triangle
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2011, 11:39:04 pm »
Ah cool! Well I've been working in the film industry in Vancouver for the last 3 years, and before that I was involved in music composition for visual media. Not to toot my own horn but I have a pretty good handle on how the film industry works, and if you guys had any questions at all in the formulative stages (I know it can be confusing as hell to set up your own shoot)- feel free to let me know.

Best of luck you guys! Glad you're keeping the dream alive so to speak, hehe :)   :cometome:

Offline Malkyjeff

• Methuselah
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2011, 01:35:09 am »
I fully appreciate the support Malavis, believe me if you lived in MI I would have you over in a heartbeat.
I forgot to mention this is a little to no budget film (at least the first season). However if this becomes popular in any way, we could be accepting sponsors in any future seasons.

I'll be keeping this project posted as it progresses.

Offline KindredSangre

• Fledgling
« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2011, 02:40:29 am »
Well being as I am making this film, the equipment is not the best, thus why I am trying to ask friends that have the appropriate items to lend them to me.
But alas, this is a dream for both of us. I myself being a huge LARP VTM geek, well it seems as though it has been far too long since we have seen anything come out of this specific genre in quite some time. I figure since the new WOD trailer was released, then maybe, just maybe we can produce something that can be excitable for the fans and other viewers.
Hope you all keep updated on this.

Offline Signothorn

• God Hates Fangs
  • Administratrix
  • Antediluvian
« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2011, 04:49:25 pm »
Will this be kinda in the same vein (pun intended) as Kindred: The Embraced? I noticed the "We are all around you" quote and it reminded me of that short-lived but great (imo) series.

Offline Malkyjeff

• Methuselah
« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2011, 05:13:21 pm »
Kindred the embraced was one of our inspirations to do this. Yes I've seen the short series (tragic accident of that one actor). With all this video editing and effects software you can torrent download now adays, its a lot easier (and free) to add in vamps turning into ash, glowing eyes, and ect. We're hoping to make this a hit.

Offline Maxus Corvin

• Methuselah
  • As of yet, only half evil...
« Reply #8 on: January 12, 2011, 06:41:27 pm »
Even if its in the same vein, I hope you plan to stay just as close to the source material as Bloodlines did(in a story sense, anyway). Maybe it wasn't bad, but Kindred: The Embraced just...didn't stay close enough. I mean, every thing I've seen suggests that Vamps in the WOD stay away from sunlight like the plague, but then you have this, where they can bear it after they've fed. Defiantly not what I'd even think of doing.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2011, 06:45:00 pm by Maxus Corvin »

Offline KindredSangre

• Fledgling
« Reply #9 on: January 12, 2011, 08:06:21 pm »
Definetely Maxus, we're going to make this for new audiences who dont know VTM and at the same time for VTM fans. I've been reminding the main writer to be sure to include (for example) "the masquerade" and the meaning behind it. I noticed in Kindred the embraced that they waited so long to include WHY these vampires aren't exposing themselves in the general public.

Offline Wesp5

• Administratrix
  • Antediluvian
  • Unofficial Patcher
« Reply #10 on: January 12, 2011, 08:08:34 pm »
Also while most of the clan characters were choosen nicely, I think I remember that everybody was able to turn into a wolf...

Offline Astennu

• Neonate
  • uyuknireD dlO
« Reply #11 on: January 12, 2011, 08:37:37 pm »
Nice I'll be waiting   :drink:

I Remember That series
Those  Brujahs were a headache

Riposi in pace Julian Luna
Omnia orta occidunt, equo pulsa pede, moriendum certum est, incertum eo ipso die.
( Roman proverb )

Offline KindredSangre

• Fledgling
« Reply #12 on: January 12, 2011, 08:58:34 pm »
We hope to get a nice sized fan base going here, and if we go viral, i am going to try and get some support by get sponsors. So thank you everyone for your honest opinions and the loyalty that remains to VTM.  :)

You can always add us on our youtube page.

Ash

Offline Malavis

• Antediluvian
  • Legacy Of The Triangle
« Reply #13 on: January 12, 2011, 10:44:26 pm »
As everyone who has ever shot a night-time movie can tell you: Save yourself a lot of headache: Shoot Day-For-Night. Unless you have many thousands to spend on lighting, that is.

Offline PGM1961

• Apprentice Imagineer
  • Antediluvian
« Reply #14 on: January 13, 2011, 12:47:10 am »
I read that that's one reason they did that 'you can stand the sun if you've just fed' thing... because they couldn't afford to always shoot at night.  Also: the 'no Tremere' decision was because they didn't have the budget for magical special effects (and they were afraid magic + vampires would be too cheesy anyway).

No game or book ever makes the transition to TV or movie totally intact.  I still liked the show.
An honorable man will still do the right thing, even when he knows there is no chance that he will be caught and punished for doing wrong... and even if it costs him dearly.

* Game Files

* PV Chat

[ P-V Files | Front Page | Forum ] Click links below chat box if url not working.